Maitland provides advice, drafting and advocacy services in all aspects of partnership law. Our expertise includes traditional domestic partnerships of individual co-venturers in a business, to international corporate joint ventures and investment structures, limited liability partnerships and the associations of professionals in the legal, medical and accounting sectors.
Our recent experience includes:
- F&C Alternative Investments (Holdings) Limited v Barthelemy - unfair prejudice petitions and put option claims in the partnership context
- Boghani v Nathoo - a dispute concerning unfinished property developments after the dissolution of their partnership
- Kadim v Mayr - a partnership dispute relating to a healthcare investment management business
- Shaw v Hand - instructed by the artist Raqib Shaw in a partnership dispute
- instructed by the Liquidating Partners of Arthur Andersen in an application in relation to the final winding up of the businesses of these partnerships
- Tann v Herrington - a dispute concerning duties of care owed by partners to each other
- Greville v Venables - a case concerning whether an implied partnership existed
- a dispute between partners in a hedge fund structured as an LLP
- various cases where partnership issues have arisen in the context of law firm mergers or restructurings
- disputes involving partnerships established in the commercial property sector for tax efficiency
Maitland is ranked in Partnership in the Chambers UK Guide and The Legal 500.